There was an error in this gadget

Sunday, March 20, 2016

Movie Review: Room

This past weekend, my mother and I watched the movie Room. Overall, I truly enjoyed the film, and I believe that it was the best movie that I have seen in a long time. It was very capturing and emotional because I sadly know that there are many people in the world that are held captive similar to the characters in Room. This movie showed the importance of maternal love, and I became a little more thankful for my life and my bond with my mother. According to the Rotten Tomatoes website, ninety-four percent of the 39,843 viewers claimed they liked the film. It is rated R for language, but it should be for mature audiences only because the movie is heart-breaking. Jacob Tremblay and Brie Larson did an outstanding job as a duo, and I would be interested to see more of their works. My only complaint is that the second half of the movie is quite slow, and it almost leaves the viewer hanging on the aspect of the captor. However, I would definitely recommend this film because it is very inspirational and it opened my eyes. The movie also won the Academy Award for Best Actress, and it was nominated for the Academy Award for Best Picture. Tune in next time for the movie review of Sisters.

Room Movie Trailer


No comments:

Post a Comment